MSc. in Data Science
The Master Data Science at the IUBH deepens your knowledge of all areas of Data Science with contents like machine learning and Big Data technologies. On graduating this degree, you’ll be an expert in Data Science and open doors to diverse, fast-paced job roles such as Senior Data Scientist or Data Science Developer.
Why study the MSc. in Data Science with us?
- Scholarship available for online studies
- Maximum flexibility, study completely online or on-campus in Germany or in the UK
- Start online anytime
- 2 academic intakes per year, which are March/ April and September/October
- Individualized personal and academic care
- International value, benefit from our large global network of partners and a curriculum designed to make you succeed internationally.
- Career boost, give your career the boost it deserves with our support during and after your studies.
- Students must have completed a bachelor’s degree in the UK or overseas.
- An English language level equivalent to IELTS 6.5 or above with a minimum of 6.5 in each component or a pass certificate of a PreSessional course at BSMI.
- Students must be a minimum of 18 years old for this programme.
- At least one-year work experience before the start of BSMI Master programme (achieved after previous studies)
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" or grade C (as commonly used in countries overseas excluding Europe)
The Master in Data Science is an ideal opportunity to dive deep into the technical skills step-by-step with a hands-on approach and expert guidance. Our professors make sure you gain the hacking skills, math, and statistical knowledge, and domain expertise needed with the right balance of supervised and independent study.
The Master of Management in Data Science has a duration of 24 months, 120 credits, and is structured in 4 semesters.
You will study the following modules:
- Data Science Advanced
- Seminar: Data Science and Society
- Advanced Statistics
- Use Case and Evaluation
- Project: Data Science Use Case
- Programming with Python
- Machine Learning
- Cyber Security and Data Protection
- Deep Learning
- Case Study: Model Engineering Software Engineering for Data-Intensive Sciences
- Electives A
- Electives B
- Big Data Technologies
- Seminar: Current Topics in Data Science
- Master Thesis & Colloquium
During your studies, you can choose two specialisations from the Electives A programmes:
- Business Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Science Specialist
- Technical Project Lead
and you can choose two specialisations from the Electives B programmes:
- Applied Autonomous Driving
- Cognitive Computing
- Consumer Behaviour and Research
- Corporate Finance
- Industrial Automation and Internet of Things
- Innovate and Change
- Sales, Pricing and Brand Management
- Self-Learning Systems