MBA in IT Management
This unique programme combines an exciting career field that is shaping the world around us with a degree that will impress recruiters in all kinds of companies. An MBA in IT Management can take you into a fast-paced, challenging, and technological work environment where you will have the talent and knowledge to manage IT infrastructures, projects, and teams successfully.
Why study the MBA in IT Management with us?
- Scholarship available for online studies
- Maximum flexibility, study completely online or on-campus in Germany or in the UK
- Start online anytime
- 2 academic intakes per year, which are March/ April and September/October
- Individualized personal and academic care
- International value, benefit from our large global network of partners and a curriculum designed to make you succeed internationally.
- Career boost, give your career the boost it deserves with our support during and after your studies.
Studying at the BSMI supports and challenges you. Here is what you need to become part of our family.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university (at least a 3.5-year programme or equivalent to 210 ECTS)
- A final grade of at least "Satisfactory" (Minimum grade point average equivalent of 3.0 according to the German grading system)
- At least 1 year of full-time professional and relevant experience after your Bachelor´s graduation (internships do not qualify)
- Proof of English proficiency: Academic IELTS 6.0 / TOEFL IBT 80 points / PTE 56 points (overall) / Duolingo 95 points / Cambridge Advanced or Proficiency
Just send us your application and our Admission team will guide you on your options.
This Master of Business Administration (MBA) focuses on IT Management, an essential task in the digital age. Technologies are becoming much more complex and the competitive market demands high performance and efficiency of all systems.
In this programme, you’ll learn techniques to develop and manage IT infrastructures, methods, and concepts to apply for effective project management, and how to implement solutions and services for individual departments or entire international companies.
You‘ll gain fundamental knowledge of software engineering and explore important topics such as compliance, data protection, network policies, and information security according to regional and international standards.
The MBA in IT Management has a duration of 18 months, 90 credits, and is structured in 2 semesters.
The MBA gives you expert and general management know-how and will help you develop your individual methodical skills:
- You will deepen your knowledge in the areas of business management and leadership through academic and practice-oriented modules.
- You will actively work on your soft skills such as communication skills and intercultural awareness.
- You gain insights into IT governance and information security concepts.
- You learn about the art of deriving IT strategies from existing business processes.
- You examine how key IT services are implemented across different people, departments, processes, and technologies.
- You develop methods for the conceptual design of high-quality software.
- And you receive training in the management of projects according to international standards.
During your MBA course, you will study the following modules:
- Leadership Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- International Marketing
- Performance Measurement
- Corporate Finance
- Managerial Economics
- Strategic Management
- Business Ethics and Corporate Governance
- Operations and Information Management
- IT Project Management IT
- Architecture Management
- IT Service Management
- IT Governance and Compliance
- Capstone Project