British School of Marketing International business and marketing college began in 2014. It now provides many opportunities for international students, helping them to progress through university partnerships in the UK. We teach according to the students’ academic and professional needs. We also have a lot of experience in marketing which we use to guide the students to follow their career in business and marketing fields.
We believe that every student can become successful.
We want to increase the number of students who enter their final year at partnership universities with a strong foundation in their academic language and professional knowledge suitable for the ever changing digital economy.
Our College has 5 classrooms. We have a maximum of 16 students per class. We also have a computer room for students to study quietly. In the computer room, students can work on assignments, complete homework and improve their knowledge and skills to support their independent learning. At BSMI we encourage students to become active independent learners through setting learners’ objectives during their studies.
BSMI is in the centre of Bournemouth. It is close to a blue flag beach and famous gardens. The shops are also 5 minutes’ walk from the school. There are many things to do both in the day and in the evening for all ages.
Bournemouth is a peaceful but vibrant town and welcomes many people from many countries who come from all over the world. BSMI chose Bournemouth as a home to many international students for this reason. We now look forward to welcoming students to continue their journey to success with BSMI.
Our Vision & Values
“Our vision is to awaken the entrepreneurial spirit in every student through courses with a real-world focus on business built upon practical knowledge.”
We aim to become a leading international business college to help all our students discover their true potential, develop their entrepreneurial spirit and equip them with the knowledge and skills necessary to become future leaders of industry and commerce.
We are achieving this by working with the learning style of each student and complementing this with the latest teaching practices on our professional and university pathways courses that will assist them in their personal, academic and professional lives. We believe that the student is at the centre of everything and we help develop their skills, assisting them to reach their full potential in a safe and friendly environment while keeping it professional. We use the latest digital technology so that every student reaches their goal when given the opportunity.
BSMI is an international Business College and aims to be a strong foundation for our students’ future progression at University or as professionals, and that they have the right skills for their chosen career in a fast changing, global, digital marketplace.
Our mission includes:
- To discover the future goals of our students
- To help all students find their learning style
- To match the learning needs of our students to the programme of studies that best suits their needs
- To offer professional and University pathways programmes in business
- To help students go onto higher ranking UK Universities and senior management positions in industry and commerce.
- To give every student the knowledge they need to find success, be it starting a career in industry or continuing their education in a university.
- To continue to use enthusiastic teachers with a lot of experience and personal skills helping our company vision, mission and ethos and who have the ability to make our students successful in their personal, academic and professional lives.
- We have a Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Programme for all teachers and staff to improve the teaching of courses and support students with their learning experience.
- To use teaching practices for the learning style, needs and goals of the students.
- To make sure that all staff work with the College’s strict safeguarding rules and regulations
- To make sure that the professional and University pathways programmes match the personal, academic and professional needs and goals of our international students
- To expand our network of high-ranking partnered universities
- To offer opportunities at a higher education level
- To exceed the academic standards set by our accreditation and awarding bodies
- To help students reach their best in a safe learning environment by closely following our safeguarding rules and regulations.
- To be professional at all time and support our students by keeping up to date with the latest methods of teaching and for the teachers to keep improving on their knowledge.
- To make sure that there are clear and open ways of giving information to students, partners, agents, homestays, universities and awarding bodies and informed advice is given to internal and external stakeholders.
Safeguarding Mission Statement
BSMI is committed to keeping children and under 18s safe in all areas of college life, both in the college, at their homestay or at one of the college’s outside activities.
The college has a clear and strict safeguarding policy which makes sure that all students, especially under 18s, are looked after at all levels, physically, sexually, mentally, socially, and emotionally while they are studying at BSMI.
All management, staff and homestay families know about safeguarding to make sure that no under 18s or any student, suffer any physical, sexual, mental, social, emotional abuse or neglect while studying at BSMI.
We have a Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) – who checks all safeguarding in the college including staff and homestay training, DBS checks, safeguarding induction sessions, regular meetings with under 18s as well as meeting with local safeguarding agencies often and when necessary.
All staff and teachers get a new DBS Certificate every year and homestays provide a DBS certificate every 3 years before being allowed to work with or have our students.
BSMI always check the welfare and safety of its students and deal with any problems as soon as possible sending students to the correct department, if necessary.
Once a week, the safeguarding leader will meet with under 18s as a group to check that everything is OK and to discuss any problems they may be having. If needed, students may also have extra 1:1 meetings with the safeguarding leader.
Any problems about the safety of students are immediately dealt with, and if needed, safety specialists (for example Dorset NEXUS and/or MASH) are contacted.